Friday, September 7, 2007

Gaming Goodness

As I stated in the first post, Im a gamer at heart, I enjoy all types of games but lately Ive been enjoying a few that vary from the normal FPS genera.

Rainbow Six Vegas: Excellent game, great visuals, controls are nearly spot on with a few quibbles. Overall if I had to rate it from 1 to 10, I give it an 8.

IL2 1946: Flight sim mania baby!!! Ok, so its not an FPS, but its a HARD game being a simulation. Its also a few years old and can be picked up at wally world for 20 bucks. Decent graphics, smooth online play (With the help of Hyperlobby) and you can even create your own paint schemes if your proficiant with photoshop or Paint shop pro (Heck, I think you can even do it in MSPaint, but I could be wrong. 8 out of 10 in my humble opinion.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter: Ive been playing this for a while and its really alot of fun, only problem is, you cant use cover, like in Vegas (Which is stupid, beacuse in the XBox version, you can...) Anyway, graphics are excellent, but theres no AA so things are a bit...weird looking and theres a sort of brown theme everywhere. My raiting, 7 out of 10.

Now, onto the gripes.

UBI soft: Listen up. You make really good games most of the time and when you do get it right, you really get it right. Take R6Vegas, theres quite a few things done in that game that would benefit other games, like Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell, The cover system which is becoming a mainstay in FPS games thanks to games like this. Take that, and Tagging from GRAW 2 and couple it with VOIP and a possible team camera option and you got yourself a kick ass game. The ferocity of the firefights while under cover, the ability to see what your team mate is seeing, and being able to talk to them real time would make it a nearly perfect experience.

Anyway, these are just my opinions and I know they mean very little unless you agree so, if you dont...have a Fresca.

No comments: