Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Death of a friend

On sunday, I lost a very good friend.

His name is Maverick, he was a 2 year old Lab/Shepard mix and he was a very devoted family member. He loved Rhema and Arianna, was very careful around them for being so big and clumsy and loved a good wrestle on the floor.

I dont tend to be an overly emotional person, but his loss seems to have effected me quite a bit.

He was struck by a car and killed instantly, I doubt he felt any pain. It was one of his loves in life, chasing cars, which, on our dirtroad is dangerous, considering how fast everyone drives. Its a dirt road and people are regularly driving like deamons past our house including semi trucks and county vehicles.

Anyway...hes gone and sorly missed. The house feels empty without Maverick laying around on the floor and welcoming me when I get home from work.

Maverick, we love you buddy, and I know I missed you.

----------------
Listening to: The Crystal Method - Vapor Trail
via FoxyTunes

No comments: